Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Week 13 - Biking, hiking and Christmas parties!

Pretty much all of the interesting things I can remember happened at the end of the week so we'll start there and see what comes to mind!

We have been doing light the world! Holy smokes I love Christmas time, it's seriously the greatest. If you aren't participating then you should definitely hop on that bandwagon because it's stellar. We just talk to strangers all of the time which I guess it's only okay when you have divine protection. Pretty sweet. We went and visited a lady in our ward that is homebound and she's a sweetheart, she calls everyone cute names like an old diner waitress. It was pretty cool except her house smelled really bad so we didn't stay long. 

Oh yeah, on Tuesday we went to and old folks home and played scrabble with some elderly ladies, I swear I found my tribe or something because it was that great. We're going back next week because we're supposed to do service once a week and we haven't been. I'm stoked. 

On Saturday we had our ward Christmas party! They strung fresh garland up in the gym and put twinkle lights everywhere. It was pretty, but there ain't nothin like an 11th ward Christmas party. The primary did the nativity which was so adorable, and we had a few nonmembers there which was wonderful! After the ward party we had a Christmas concert that was put on by the stake. They invited the southern California Mormon choir to sing with our stake choir and they had an 18 piece orchestra. They had 100 people and and orchestra on the stand in our chapel but holy moly. It was the most beautilf concert in the whole world. Plus we have two or three opera singers in our ward and a master pianist. Church on Christmas eve is going to be awesome. If I'm still here. Transfers are next Monday. Nervous. 

On Sunday we got a call from our friend Mary she was going to get baptized on the 23 of December but decided that she didn't want to. It's pretty sad, but her time will come. I can feel it. 

Today had been the busiest p-day of my mission so far. We had a zone activity this morning and we went hiking! It was up to this really pretty waterfall and it was great because it's December so it didn't get hotter than 80 degrees! Very very nice. I'll send pictures next week. When we got back down we had a text that told us that we needed to wash and deep clean our car because they were selling it (I'm glad I've had practice with that! Thanks dad!). Your home girl is biking now. I'm not sure how I feel about it but it's going to happen either way! Also, I recently popped my bike tube beyond repair so we had to pick up a new one of those. 

Anyhoo, that's all I can remember. The work is great, the people are awesome. If you're worried about the fires, it's all good. If they get too close I'll get moved to another apartment but as of right now we are totally safe so no worries. 

Don't forget to read your scriptures. Have a great week!

- Sister Dorrance 

Ps. Thank you for all of the letters and packages from the ward! They made my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last weekly email probably 😮

Holy smokes team. This is it. That's CRAZY. It's been a year and a half. A year and a half of bearing testimony of the single m...