Monday, December 25, 2017

Week 15 MERRY CHRISTMAS🎄🎄🎄🎄 (and lots of pictures)





Today in front of a manger scene in Sierra Madre! Those glasses holder strings are meant for everyone, not just the ones with walkers. 


Holy smokes. Is it really Christmas already?? So crazy. Time flies when you're spreading the love of Christ. 
This week has been completely crazy. We've been trying to figure out how to cover two wards and such but that's not what I want to talk about. I want to talk about miracles. The miracle in my week this week is Juliana and Juan. Juliana and Juan are a young couple with a little girl that is about to turn 2. They were found by the Spanish speaking sisters, and they are amazing. Our lesson was on Saturday and I'm still pumped about it. 

Let me give you some back story, my whole mission so far has been pretty much only teaching people that don't want to be baptized or want to get baptized but not for a really long time and it's interesting because that's not what I thought missions would be like and it's a really surprising dynamic. BUT. We met these people and they are so golden. The Spanish sisters put them on date for baptism and they are so prepared because we teach them the lessons and such and they really just want to know. We aren't even doing anything pretty much, the Holy Ghost is just working through us to answer these amazing people's questions. I was seriously so pumped leaving that house and I'm still loving it. 

I don't have a lot of time, but I just want to make sure that you guys all know that the church is true, and that Jesus Christ is our savior. Today is the day to celebrate Jesus Christ and I hope you can all take a minute to think about it! Here's a little piece of my dad's talk from this Christmas eve about Christmas traditions. Change up your Christmas a little if you want!

1: Buy  Presents -  Be Present
2: Wrap Gifts – Wrap someone in a hug
3: Send Gifts – Send Love
4: Shop for Food – Donate Food
5: Make Cookies – Make Memories
6: See the lights – Be the light
Remember Jesus Christ on this wonderful Holiday! Merry Merry Christmas! ðŸŽ„🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Also, don't forget to read your scriptures.
Love, Sister Dorrance 

Picture Dump:
Someone in Sierra Madre goes up to the top of the mountain and brings down snow to make a snowman every year. Looks like a sorta white Christmas after all! feat the boy that saw me taking a picture out of our car window. 

These are from the ward Christmas party! Side note: the cat ears were a 10 year old's that I forgot I was wearing
Myself and Yazmin. She's an amazing member and sassier than I am.

Yazmin and the coolest kids on the block 


Sister Allen, Sister Olsen, myself. Sister Olsen is one of our investigators that we love oh so dearly. 

                                   Here are some pictures from a hike we took a couple weeks ago,

Emperor pad crew from last transfer. Yours Truly, Sister Gillman, Sister Allen, and Sister Luke



Sister Allen and myself
This is the emperor pad crew sitting at a bus stop after district meeting last week. I think I'm funny...
Sister Luke took the picture of all of us biking a couple weeks ago after cleaning the mission office. Bet you can't tell which one is me? #fuzzhead 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Last weekly email probably 😮

Holy smokes team. This is it. That's CRAZY. It's been a year and a half. A year and a half of bearing testimony of the single m...