Monday, December 4, 2017

Week 12 -Holly Jolly it's December!

I think I got one pin down this turn. I've gotten worse at bowling. 


Holy smokes, I feel like we just emailed yesterday. Missionary work is so great and so so busy. 

This week was a lot of visiting and finding and service. So your average missionary week. 

We had interviews with President on Wednesday! It was pretty cool because we learned about Facebook, which we were supposed to get on Thursday, but we'll get it this week instead. All is well. 

We started Light the World on Friday, I don't remember the scriptures attached to the days but on Friday we made so many cookies for people. Our kitchen was a mess but it was so fun to doorbell ditch people and leave cookies! 
On Thursday the scripture was "I was thirsty and ye gave me drink" so we bought water bottles and gave them to homeless people with light the world cards attached. It was pretty sweet. 
Yesterday's scripture talked about doing good on the Sabbath. We tried to call some people to go over and do good, but no one wanted us to do good I guess. We'll try again next Sunday probably. 

On Saturday we had another meeting with the people at the Church of Christ. They had invited probably 40 or 50 people to this thing which was TERRIFYING. it ended up being alright though because the ministers sermon/talk was super long so they apologized but said we couldn't give our schpeel (is that how you spell that?). His entire lesson/talk/sermon thing was talking about how believing in any other scripture outside of the bible was blasphemous and meant you were turning away from God. We'll probably meet with them all one more time and then call it quits. But nicely. It'll be fine. 

Today was the coolest p-day ever. It's Sister Luke's birthday today so sister Allen and I stayed up past 11 pm last night making a pumpkin pie for her birthday because we didn't want her to see it. It was great though! Sister Luke wanted to go bowling so we did! We were talking to Sister Wells, our mission presidents wife, and she said she was a really good bowler so we invited her and she came too! Sister wells beat everyone at bowling I think. She's a crazy good bowler. It got even funnier when the entire East LA zone was having their zone activity and the bowling alley they were going to go to was closed so they showed up too! It was so fun! I lost because I'm terrible at bowling, but it was fantastic! We're going out to dinner with our mission grandma and Sister Luke chose Mongolian Barbecue. It'll be a great birthday for all of us. 

Alrighty, I think that's it! I hope you all will look at the Light the World videos on mormon.org, they're great!

Have A fantastic week, don't forget to read your scriptures.

Love, Sister Dorrance 



 Sister Allen and myself in the car because we were talking about how we don't send many pictures home.

Basic shoe picture because we don't get out in the real world very much anymore. Plus, I was wearing my scooter socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last weekly email probably 😮

Holy smokes team. This is it. That's CRAZY. It's been a year and a half. A year and a half of bearing testimony of the single m...