Monday, November 27, 2017

Happy turkey day! Week 10

My p-day was moved to today because of the holiday, which means more time for turkey! It's so great, I'm pumped. 

Since we've been cut down to just  two of us it's been pretty weird getting used to things but its a party and a half between the two of us. Last week was a whole bunch of just talking to everyone and finding people to teach! There's something about the name tag that just makes people want to tell you their whole life story I think. But we've got a few new investigators and we're stoked to share the happiness!

On Friday we got to ride in Betsy. Sister Olsen has a 1996 red mustang that she restored and it is beautiful. She sounds like a champ and runs like a dream and I was riding shotgun. It was so so good. I love cool cars. Anyway.

On Sunday the Huntington Sisters had a little boy that was getting baptized and we helped them fill the font and whatnot. It was nice to know how to do that. We are teaching some family friends of that family so our investigators came! Holy smokes, it was perfect. I swear they wrote their little talks for Jenny, and they didn't really say anything about it, but you could see it. The Holy Ghost was working miracles. 

On Tuesday we had zone conference! ......we're getting Facebook! I'm sort of excited! I'll make a post on Facebook later next week when I actually download it, but we're getting it, it's a gift that Heavenly Father has given us to help in the missionary effort. If you have any questions about gospel topics, please message me and I'd be happy to help but I won't reply unless it's gospel related. 

Yesterday we had exchanges and I went to Glendale with Sister Zollinger! She's the sweetest ever and we had a blast. We volunteered at a food bank type of place called Friends in Deed and it was so fantastic. Service and missionary work is the greatest. We also taught a less active lady named Ida who feels trapped and by the end of our conversation she had promised to read the Book of Mormon and come to church on Sunday. Seriously, God loves all of his children. There is always hope. 

Alrighty, because it's Thanksgiving I want you all to go and watch the Mormon message called "In the Spirit of Thanksgiving" and write down what you're grateful for. Send it to me if you feel so inclined, I would be more than happy to hear about it! 

I could tell you all about what I'm grateful for, but it would take too long. I will tell you this though, I'm so very grateful that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is true, and that I get to take part in sharing it. 

Okay now the coolest thing. The Light the world campaign for Christmas has come out. The videos are out, we've got cards to hand out to people, and we know what we will be doing for the first 25 days in December. Holy guacamole, us missionaries in the California Arcadia mission are pumped. If you haven't already, look up the videos, watch a couple and figure out how you're going to light the world!

 Alright I'm done. Don't forget to read your scriptures. 

Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Love, Sister Dorrance 
Here's a picture of everyone after zone conference. Believe it or not, this was the best one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last weekly email probably 😮

Holy smokes team. This is it. That's CRAZY. It's been a year and a half. A year and a half of bearing testimony of the single m...