Monday, October 23, 2017

Week 6, 100 Degrees and Sunny

Here's a selfie with my cute scripture case


Hello! This week went by so fast, I feel like I just emailed! It was a pretty uneventful week, we've been trying to work with members so we mostly did a lot of visiting members and sharing messages. We had zone conference on Wednesday which was awesome. Elder Dyches from the 70 was there and he talked to us forever at least it seemed like a really long time, it was only 4 or 5 hours. 

HOLY MOLY I ALMOST FORGOT. We biked on Thursday. I think I was trying to erase it from my memory. Just kidding it wasn't THAT terrible, but it was pretty hard. It didn't help that it was super hot and we've been riding in a car and the first time we biked, was up all of these massive hills. I really tried to be positive, but I don't think I've ever prayed like I did on Thursday. Apparently we're biking again on Wednesday so that'll be interesting. Will report back later. 

On Friday we taught the Olsen family and they're so cool. Brother Olsen is a member and Sister Olsen and her daughter aren't. Lynnae (her daughter) is 9 I think? Anyway, they've been teaching them since before I got here and Lynnae's dad has been saying no to letting her get baptized. Sister Olsen invited him to dinner and he said yes because he really just wanted to learn more about the religion, especially the Book of Mormon! (Golden) so we taught the restoration and he said it made sense! Awesome guy, we'll see what happens I guess?

On Saturday we went to visit a ward member and after finding out I was from Utah continued with, "the reason I really don't like Utah Mormons is because they all think that the church started in Utah, but I really like to remind them that it didn't." It was all kind of downhill after that. I was mostly silent. On Saturday night we met with Steven who had a baptism date set for November 4, but because of some word of wisdom difficulties, we had to postpone it and he wasn't sure when he'd be ready. Super sad. 

Sunday was so good! We had a bunch of investigators come to church which was absolutely stellar because it was the primary program! I mean, how could anyone not like the primary program?? It was great. Such a good sacrament meeting. We even had a couple of surprise investigators come and say that they wanted to come again! God is so so good!

Bless your heart if you've made it this far, I hope you're all doing well! If you'd like to send mail my address is 

Arcadia CA
91006

If writing a letter down is too much, my email is 

Have a happy week!

Love, Sister Dorrance


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last weekly email probably 😮

Holy smokes team. This is it. That's CRAZY. It's been a year and a half. A year and a half of bearing testimony of the single m...