Monday, October 15, 2018

Week 56-57 Hi!


with our ride Gail!

I'm actually writing a weekly this week! Yay! It's been a wild ride here in Glendale, but I've been transferred! I'm going back to Hacienda Heights stake but the Woodside Ward! My companion is going to be Sister Smith and she was my roommate at the mtc and we've been talking about being companions since the mtc. IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING PEOPLE. I'm stoked. I'm bummed to be leaving Glendale, but Woodside is gonna be a party and a half. I'll try to email more.... anyhoo, 

We went to the temple last week! I love the temple guys. It's a wonderful place and it was so good. Pictures below. 

Two weeks ago we had a miracle and I'm still floored. So we were on exchanges and I was with Sister Pack in Glendale and it had been a fabulous day full of talking to strangers and a taco truck and we were walking down the street as we do and this guy says, "hey sisters!" Which is weird because people usually avoid talking to us so we took advantage of it and it turns out that his ex-wife and his daughter joined the church in South Pasadena and he was all set to be baptized but it just never happened and he wants to change his life! So he invited us back the next day! So we go back the next day (I was back with Sister Escalante at this point) and we meet his wife! So Sylvie, around the same time as her now husband, was meeting with the missionaries on her own and wanted to be baptized but she moved and lost the missionaries. SO WE PUT THEM BOTH ON DATE TO BE BAPTIZED AND IT'S JUST THE COOLEST THING HOW GOD WORKS AND I'M SAD THAT I'M LEAVING BUT THEY'RE SO WONDERFUL. so that was pretty magical. God is good.  

So..... other things have happened and it's been great and I love being a missionary and I thoroughly enjoy sharing the gospel and highly recommend it to all of you. It's the coolest ever. 

Don't forget to read your scriptures!

Sister D'orrance
our district feat an awkward Elder Burt who didn't want to sit on the wall ðŸ˜‚

sort of a picture of everyone that wanted to be in the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last weekly email probably 😮

Holy smokes team. This is it. That's CRAZY. It's been a year and a half. A year and a half of bearing testimony of the single m...