Monday, December 17, 2018

Week 66 - Here's a weekly email for you!



Sister Smith and I were reporting lessons!

This week was really really good! We've been focusing on visiting a list of focus people that our bishop gave us and we have seen BLESSINGS. We're teaching this guy named Adrian and he's the coolest. He just accepts everything as truth and he just feels it. I wasn't in the area yet, but on his first lesson he just started crying because he felt the spirit and he's just so cool. We brought a member with us to read the book of Mormon and they're pals now so that's cool. We're just working on getting him to church! 

We visited this lady named Joanna this week and she's so cute. Missionaries have been visiting her for 10 years and she said she thought that it was so cool that even after all these years we still come visit her. She's very impressed with the record keeping within the church ðŸ˜‚😂 we asked her if she wanted us to teach her about the gospel and she said, "sure, I haven't taken the lessons in a while, but I'm not ready to get baptized." So that's a bummer. But she's a nice lady. Maybe we'll take her some cookies for Christmas or something.

We got back in contact with David! David has been meeting with missionaries since probably April I think and we lost contact with him for the last three weeks or so because he had to drive his family members all over the place but he didn't tell us that so we were just kinda hanging out and and we thought about not teaching him anymore and we wrote him a note talking about how we were gonna stop bothering him and then he came to church. Was it manipulative? Probably. Did it work? Yes, he came to church on Sunday and he said he wants to get back on schedule. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

We spoke in sacrament meeting! Sister Smith talked about Jesus Christ as the Good shepherd and she killed it. I talked about following the example of Jesus Christ and forgiving others. Super deep. I wrote it the night before. As per usual. It was not deep. One lady said she liked it because it was in layman's terms so she could understand it. And I said thank you, that's about as deep as I go. So that's cool. #relatable  my favorite quote I've got on forgiveness is

 " being mistreated is the most important condition of mortality, for eternity itself depends on how you respond to those who mistreat you " or something like that. But you get it! Forgive others and if you need help, then it's a good thing that Christ is the Good shepherd and he'll come get you and help you!

That's pretty much it! I figured I'd put some effort into a real email this week! Have a merry Christmas! 

Don't forget to read your scriptures!

Sister Dorrance
Sister Smith and I had a photo shoot in the dark!



Sister Smith took a picture of me doing personal study and trying not to bother her with the talk I was listening to. I PROMISE I WAS NOT SLEEPING. I WOULD NOT SEND THE PICTURE HOME IF I WAS BECAUSE MY PARENTS WOULD BE DISAPPOINTED IN ME.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last weekly email probably 😮

Holy smokes team. This is it. That's CRAZY. It's been a year and a half. A year and a half of bearing testimony of the single m...