Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Week 25 - Bothering Brings Baptism

here is a picture of us in front of the church in Alhambra to email and eat Wendy's. 

The thing that Sister Nay and I have learned this week is that persistence is key in missionary work. Bother them until they want to meet with you. It's worked pretty well. Sort of. 

This week was great though!  On Tuesday we were double signed up for dinner somehow so we had two dinners because we don't like saying no to nice people (it's quite the problem to have, right?) They both served enchiladas though so it was a pretty good night. I love enchiladas. 

We had to teach part of district meeting on Thursday and we were talking about the role of the holy ghost in conversion and it was cool because in a missionary broadcast Elder Bednar talked about the difference between bringing the spirit unto our investigators hearts versus into their hearts. We can give them everything we've got, but we can't shove it into their souls and that's kind of a bummer, but agency is sweet so I'm not totally mad about it. We also had a stake relief society birthday party and the theme was Finding Joy in the Journey and they had four speakers get up and talk about their hard times and how they've found joy through them. It was fantastic. 

On Friday we got chick fil a. I love chick fil a. We cleaned the office too, but chick fil a is more important. 

Saturday we helped one of our new friends destroy his drug paraphernalia by smashing it with a hammer in the hopes that it'll help him get sober. It was pretty funny because he wasn't totally sober while he was trying to smash it. All is well. I'm making friends mom! No need to worry! 

On Sunday we had a guy named Jason come to church and we hadn't actually ever met him, but a member from Australia gave him $600 worth of bitcoin for charity (whatever that is) so he figured as a thank you he should just go to church! He's pretty interested in learning too, so it was a good Sunday. 

Today we're going bowling again. I'm still terrible at bowling and I don't think I'm getting any better so not to worry. Last time my top score was about 76 I think so I'm hoping to hit 85 today.

I realize that a lot of this email has been about food, but you talk about what's  important to you right?

 -Sister Dorrance

Also, just for kicks and giggles and I havent sent it in a while, my mailing address is 


Email:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last weekly email probably 😮

Holy smokes team. This is it. That's CRAZY. It's been a year and a half. A year and a half of bearing testimony of the single m...